TRACK SPECIFICATION FORM
All linear measurements should be in meters. Please clearly
indicate any that are not.
1. Name of facility .
2. Type of track.
3. Track dimensions. Give only oval straightaway length (distance
between radius points) for 400 or 200 m
facility or for metric on existing 440 or 220 yd. track. Give only
radius of curve (to measure line) for conversion of 440 or 220 yd.
track to metric. Give both for other length tracks. Straightaway , Radius
. For tracks with double radius curves only:
Measure line radius of first curve , Angle to second curve (deg
min sec or gradians ). Indoor
Length of sprint straightaway: 50 m, 55 m,
or 60 m.
- 400 m Outdoor
- Metric on 440 yd
- 200 m Indoor
- Metric on 220 yd
- Other Outdoor (give present and new lap length, if
- Other Indoor (give present and new lap length, if
4. Number of lanes , number of hurdle lanes (if different) .
Number of straightaway lanes (if different) .
5. Width of lanes. . Width of straightaway lanes (if different) .
6. Distance of common finish line back from point of curvature on home
7. If straightaway events finish at a different
location: Location of Straightaway events finish line . Run counterclockwise or clockwise .
8. If straightaway width of track is greater than width of rest of
track: Align home straight with inside or
outside edge of rest of track.
9. If back straightaway is to be marked for straightaway sprint and
hurdle events: Run counterclockwise or clockwise . Distance of back straight finish line back from point
of curvature .
10. Raised curb present? .
11. Method of measurement of curves. Chord (Alternate
Reference Lines? ), Angle (Counter-clockwise
Clockwise, Deg Min Sec
12. Linear units to be output. Meters , Feet . (Meters recommended)
13. U.S. High School events only?
14. Relay events: Standard (4X100 m, 4X200 m, 4X400 m relay 3 turn
stagger outdoors; 4X400 m, 4X800 m, distance medley relay indoors)
Standard outdoors with 2 turn 4X400 stagger (not recommended) . Delete 4X200 m
Additional relay events? (sprint medley, 4X1500 m outdoors;
4X200 m indoors)
15. Hurdles: Standard (100 m, 110 m, U.S. H.S. 300 m, 400 m outdoors;
50-55-60 m indoors) . Outdoors: Delete U.S. H.S. 300 m . Start 300
hurdles on chute? .
Add youth event? . If yes: Length of race , No. of
Dist. to first hurdle , Dist. between hurdles .
16. Are alleys desired? If yes: Number of alleys . One or two
17. Steeplechase data (if any). Type of Approach and return
Point of departure from track measurement (chord or angle) , (Ref. Line ). Point of return to track measurement
(chord or angle) , (Ref. Line ). Water jump approach side
measurement (chord or angle) , (Ref. Line ), Radius . Water
jump return side measurement (chord or angle) , (Ref. Line ), Radius. Curb
for water jump path? Starting lines for youth events?
- Computomarx elliptical segments
- Inside water jump joined by circular arcs and a straight
- Outside water jump joined by circular arc
18. Additional Information:
New Customers Only
Street or P.O. Box
City State or
Prov. Zip Code
Phone: Area Code Number Ext.